Top 5 Fun Facts About Bikinis
1) A little know fact is the bikini gets its name from the hydrogen bomb testing that was conducted at Bikini Atoll in the South Pacific.
2) Swimwear revealing any part of the torso was considered indecent at one point in time. However, among some ancient people, like the Minoans and Sicilians, two-piece bathing suits similar to bikinis were fairly common.
3) Three-quarters of the market for swimsuits is made up of women’s swimsuits.
4) Speedo is the largest manufacturer of simwear and has been in business for over 100 years
5) Swimwear was first sold on line in 1984 by two companies, Tropical Beach Swimwear and Ujena